Thursday, May 6, 2010

KIDS

When I got married, I was hoping to have a lot of kids, as many as my wife will let me. Some people ask why. My usual response is why not. God told Adam to "Be Fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth..." At that time they were the only two on the earth and mankind thus continued from them down to this day. Now we have billions of people on the earth so why should I desire to have kids. Here are some of my reasons:

1. JOY - The excitement and joy of experiencing the miracle of a new baby is indescribable.
2. HUMILITY - How inspiring and frightening that God entrusts me with raising children.
3. LESSONS -This is a little longer than just one line.

  • Who else would teach me to be patient as they need to "do it myself."

  • Who else would teach me to laugh and some disasters such as an empty corn starch box on the floor.

  • Who else would teach me to forgive and forget as they often get angry but a few minutes later are playing happily as if nothing happened.

  • Who else would teach me to be sympathetic, empathetic and full of kindness as they wonder why you are crying or want you to help them understand, or walk up to strangers and say I love you.

  • Who else would teach me to put others first as many mothers can attest, as their lives often are put on hold or changed completely as children are raised.

  • Who else would teach me to be less selfish as they always ask if I can share my bowl of ice cream even though they just finished theirs.

  • Who else would teach me the joy in helping as they willing just want to spend time with you even if it means doing the dishes or vacuuming.

  • Who else would teach me the acceptance of all, as it doesn't matter to them who you are, what you look like, or where you come from.

  • Who else could teach me to be Christ like but a child who is submissive, meek and full of love.
These are some of the reason I want kids. Of course having them is not the easiest thing in the world. But who said life was easy. I love my kids.







2 comments:

  1. Very true! I'll just have to keep telling myself that day in and day out for the next 18 years until Rhys goes on his mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure you are in the right family?

    ReplyDelete