Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Food for Thought

The manner in which we respond to others can convey more than just the words. If someone asks us a question or to do something we respond, sure, ok, fine, whatever, if I have to. Not only does the way we answer matter but the tone of voice and body features convey more than the words. What would happen to the world if a positive response came when people ask for favors. "I would love to" would convey a joy in helping, doing and volunteering. Try it for a week and see how your outlook would change.
Winston Churchill once said "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
Let us all be optimists in our responses.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Kurt...I needed that today. When we were living in Crossfield, I kept a saying on the fridge. "I can't hear what you are saying. Your actions are too loud". It is so true. How much easier is it for everyone when you are happy to help instead of grouchy about it. I've heard we don't get the blessings if we grumble about our service to others. There you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - way to go blogging more consistently than me! Are you trying to show me up? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this is the week to ask you for money, a kidney, your first born child, ect. Anything I wnt could be mine thanks to your willing spirit. Thanks Kurt.

    ReplyDelete