Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Band-aids

What is the obsession of band-aids? Why are kids so excited to have something with adhesive stuck to their skin? Don't they know that it might hurt when it is taken off. Don't they know that the reason we have band-aids is when we are hurt and they cost money. A sticker would probably be just as fascinating. If only a sticker would stay on the body longer than a few minutes.

The reasoning behind this of course is my kids. My eldest son hurt himself. I am not sure exactly how but he came up from downstairs and said he had an "Owee". So I checked to make sure there was blood. (The rule was that no band-aid unless there is blood). He proceeded to get a band-aid and I put it on.

Tonight before bed he wanted a new band-aid, as the owee was still bloody a bit I allowed him to get a new band-aid. At that same time my second son said he wanted a band-aid. Without me saying anything, he proceeded to hit his finger against the wall and said "ow". The first time I didn't recognize what he was doing. So my son hit the wall with his finger again said "ow" and looked at a finger hoping there was an owee. That is taking the blood rule to a whole new level.

I gave in. He got his band-aid.

1 comment:

  1. Of course he did! I would expect nothing less from you!

    ReplyDelete