Monday, July 26, 2010

BISSEL's Customer Service

June 14, 2010 to July 23, 2010 was the amount of time to get a replacement part from Bissell

3 - orders shipped. This was the amount of separate shipments made to me.

1 month and 9 days without a vacuum.

3 kids and 2 adults to make a mess on our carpet.

Luckily we could borrow a vacuum.

Here is the story.

On June 11th, I left the dirt cup of my Bissell vacuum on my stair, not the smartest thing to do but none the less it was there. While coming down the stairs I proceeded to knock the dirt step down the stairs, slide down the stairs, put a whole in my wall and sit, yes, sit on the dirt cup. I do not know how many dirt cups are made to take my weight but I broke it.

Unknown that we could buy replacement parts we proceeded to buy a new vacuum. On Monday June 14th I decided to see how much a dirt cut would cost from Bissell. $20 was the price and I had to wait 7-10 business days. So I waited and waited,

2 weeks went buy and I received the package, I was excited I can no vacuum, instead of sweeping my carpet. I pull it out all excited and put the pieces together, but it doesn't fit. I even try to jam it on but there was no way to make it fit. This was the wrong piece. I believed it was the American version of the same piece I need.

I called up Bissell and talked to them about the piece not fitting and that I believe they sent me the American version of the dirt cup. Well, they continued to assure me that no it was the right piece, they could send me another but it would take 2 more weeks. I asked to talk to the supervisor and he repeated the same words as the associate. I then asked to talk to someone at the corporate headquarters and was told they would call me back in 1 to 2 business days. (Which didn't happen).

I then decided that I would just let them send me a replacement cup so then I could show that they don't fit. Because one could be a bad part but two wouldn't be. So off to the waiting game again. We waited and waited and waited and waited almost 3 weeks before it came. After 2 and a half I decided to get the corporate headquarters phone number and called.

Jill was his name and he was the head of customer service. The phone call was pleasant. He said everything I wanted to hear and even found the part and would expedite it to me so I could receive it the next week. (That would be the week of July 12 to 16). I finally felt relieve to get the part coming. July 16th came and went no part, It took a whole extra week from what I was told for the part to come.

July 23rd it did come and we can now vacuum yeah. No was this worth my time. Not sure. The headache of them not listening to me about a different part for Canada vs. USA. Not sure. One thing for sure I will think long and hard before we purchase anything else from Bissell.